Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Family Christmas Card

Last year I bought some really cute Christmas cards, stuck photos in them and addressed them all.  All that was needed was a trip to the post office.  
Those cards are still in my office in the basement!

This year, I was really struggling with the whole Christmas Card issue.  My camera broke in November and I didn't have a really cute family picture to use for our cards.  I kept pushing the cards to the bottom of my to do list.  Then one day when blog hopping, I stumbled upon this blog and her cute card that she did last year.   So, I quickly started taking pictures, but had a few little problems.  First of all Chris was out of town on business.  Next I was just using a Nikon Coolpix point and click and was having some issues with color.  (As you can see in Ella's picture)


My final issue, was when Chris got home, we quickly took a picture and I started editing the pictures together.  Only he wasn't holding the white board we all used as a prop very flat, which made adding the picture onto his board a little tricky.  So then I had to take his picture into Illustrator and try and fix it. 

So this was my final product. Marissa's version at Threaded Together is much cleaner but  all in all, I'm pretty happy with it, considering the time frame I had to put it all together and the different circumstances.  I used Adobe CS3 for the editing and just had the cards printed at Walgreens.

1 comments:

Rebecca said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally love that card! Looks amazing