Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ladybug Cake

My friend Lynette called me and said that her little lady wanted a ladybug cake for her birthday but she couldn't find one at any of our local bakeries.

She said "Feel free to say no."    But who could say no to this face?




I have to admit I was a little nervous - I've never made a ladybug cake before, and I'm soo critical of my own work.  In the end, I came up with this:






I think the end result was cute.  The head was a little big and the fondant was far from perfect, but everyone seemed happy with it.  The best thing of all - Carissa, the birthday girl loved it.

3 comments:

Kym Williams said... Best Blogger Tips

Clair,

What a adorable cake! Great job!
I love the pics too. :D

Lynzee said... Best Blogger Tips

That is super cute! I've just found this blog you've been hiding and am excited to keep up on all your creative creations.

Clair said... Best Blogger Tips

Kym, alas I did not take those photo :( The birthday girl's dad took them with his fancy shmancy camera. I stole them from his facebook page and cannot center them - grr. Oh well - they look kinda artsy. I'm just going to pretend I intentionally did that.

Lynzee, I visit your blog all the time! We really miss you guys and today we found out we are losing the Johnsons - Boo!!